It's time to get started.
... being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Spiritual Disciplines are practices that help promote spiritual growth among believers. Disciplines like fasting, silence, solitude, journaling, meditating, memorizing Scripture, community, confession, worship, and so much more are practices that can help us grow closer to Jesus! Not sure what some of the disciplines mean or how to practice them? No worries! We want to help you learn more about them and how to practice them. It will take work to engage the spiritual disciplines, but it will be worth it. Through the power of the Holy Spirit, we can grow in our love and knowledge of our Savior, Jesus Christ! (2 Peter 3:18)
Things to try help you grow in faith:
- Memorize Scripture.
- Fasting - Try skipping a meal or taking time away from electronics and spending that time in prayer and Bible reading.
- Silence and Solitude - Spend time in silence and ask God to fill your heart and mind with His Word.
- Prayer Walk - Go outside and spend time in creation while you pray.
- Serve - Find a way to serve in the community.
- Join a Bible study or Life Group at church.
- Read a book on spiritual disciplines - "Spiritual Disciplines Handbook," by Adele Ahlberg Calhoun.
- Watch a video on Lectio Divina from RightNow Media by J.D. Greear.
Click the image below to watch the Lectio Course on Rightnow Media